Heatwave Murder Mystery Party
Yes, a heatwave is officially coming and we are allowed to hang out, outside, in groups of 6. To us this says "Ye Gods!" our very summery, very toga-y murder mystery party.
It's based around the idea of Greek gods and their vindictive nature. And it's lots of fun! Besides which it's very easy to put the costume together - a couple of bed sheets and you're ready to go.
Here are our top tips for enjoying Ye Gods!
- Buy in greek food from the supermarket - pitta bread, houmous, tzatziki, olives the list is endless
- Instead of wine how about trying some Greek liqueur? Try this recipe for a Greek cocktail using Ouzo:
- 2 ounces ouzo (room temperature)
- 1 1/2 ounces lemon juice (more if desired)
- 3 mint leaves
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 3 ounces water (iced; more or less to preference
- Put candles in jam jars to keep the evening going once the sun goes down.
- Make sure you have rugs with you outside before you start, that way you won't have to break the game to go inside and get them if it gets cold
- Enjoy yourself!
If you can't go to Greece you might as well dream. Even if that dream involves a murder mystery!