Best Halloween Party Treats Recipe for Murder Mystery Games
Whether you are enjoying the festivities of Halloween with your family or creating a dessert to accompany our Halloween themed game 'Spectre at the Feast', these skeleton bone meringues will go down murderously well!
Make sure all your equipment is clean, as the slightest trace of grease can ruin the outcome.
For 18 bones:
- Preheat the oven to 100 degrees centigrade or gas mark 1 and line 3 or 4 baking sheets with parchment.
- Whisk 3 (large) egg whites and 1/2 teaspoon of lemon juice until soft peaks form. If using an electric mixer start on a low speed and gradually increase.
- Add 140g caster sugar, 2 tablespoons at a time and keep whisking until stiff peaks form.
- If you have a pastry bag, use a number 10 tip and spoon the mixture in (you can shape manually if you don't have a piping bag). Pipe 15 cm bones on to the baking parchment, starting at one rounded end. Go back over again to make sure it is not too thin and weak.
- Bake for one hour or until set.
- Turn the oven off and leave to cool inside the oven for an hour.
- Store in an airtight container.
- You can use red ice-cream sauce, or cherry/strawberry pulp for the trickled blood effect.
Enjoy your wickedly morbid meringues!